Monday, April 11, 2016

The colors and rules journal






Every morning when I remix a color I record the change in a master journal (shown above). I also record all major rule changes in that book. I rarely look back at the changes, but putting them down on paper helps to cement them in my memory. Major changes are only made when I am anxious to try a new technique or when an old one doesn't seem to be producing the results I want.

I started using the book in 2003 after I resumed work on the Map. The first entry, dated 11/5/03, read, "Finished sheets will no longer be copied onto labels. Gen II water sheets will be painted rather than collaged w/label."

1 comment:

  1. All in all, those looking for writing help can find a vast array of resources in the form of consultants who are more than willing to lend a helping hand. research paper publication

    ReplyDelete