Thursday, October 11, 2012

The show is on!


The show at MASS MoCA opened officially last Saturday and runs through this coming Sunday, October 14. The Map is finally laid out entirely for the first time since 1985 when it was a fifth its current size. I hope that some of you following this blog will be able to come! Be sure to come say hello to me as I continue the work on this project. For directions go to massmoca.org.

I wasn't prepared  myself for the magnitude of my Map. I had feared before arriving here that it would be dwarfed by the enormity of the black-box theater where we mounted it. But the Map more than holds its own. What a perfect setting!

In the photo I am standing with my oldest son, Aaron, right on top of Wybourne's Southwest suburbs.

Oh well!

12 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I really wish I'd be able to come see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You WERE there, Tibi! Your panel stood out, and I showed it to many of the visitors! Maybe there will be more shows nearer to you.....

      Delete
  2. That is really, really amazing. I'd love to see it in person.

    The Map looks beautiful all laid out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! More photos, please. Wish I could see it in person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is amazing, Jerry. I saw some posts about it on Google+ over the weekend and followed them to the short film about your map and then here to your blog. I've also started playing a collaborative map-game inspired by yours. Thanks for being obsessive in this really neat way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep on mapping! And let me know how you are doing, Christopher.

      Delete
  5. I drove out from Boston with some friends on the sixth to see this - it was a really spectacular thing to see in person. And you were so enthused to talk to everyone! It made it all the better. I hope you had a good time out this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a great time, Matt! Thanks so much for coming!

      Delete
  6. there is something amazing going on there.. and i think everyone gets an idea .. im mi dream world of the future... jerry shall be remember ass one of the first free thinker who help the understanding of us human beings ..

    thanks for doing this awesome piece of awesomeness. ñ_ñ

    ReplyDelete